Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.
Tea at Trianon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tea with the Queen
Latest topics
» Looking for a good book about Madame Elisabeth
how to make tea EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:43 pm by Elena

» Recognition by the Church of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette
how to make tea EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:38 pm by Elena

» Reposts: In Praise of Monarchy!
how to make tea EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 10:20 pm by ViveHenriV

» Remembering Louis XVI
how to make tea EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 am by ViveHenriV

» Mass for Louis XVI on live video
how to make tea EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 6:10 pm by ViveHenriV

» Judges 17:6
how to make tea EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 11:29 pm by ViveHenriV

» War in the Vendée/Guerre de Vendée
how to make tea EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 4:37 pm by ViveHenriV

» The Comte de Chambord (Henri V)
how to make tea EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 5:24 pm by ViveHenriV

» Reflection: Les Membres et L'Estomac
how to make tea EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 2:35 am by ViveHenriV

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 253 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:06 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Tea at Trianon Forum on your social bookmarking website

Banner art courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.

how to make tea

Go down

how to make tea Empty how to make tea

Post  janet11 Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:08 am

if we want to make good tea in a practical manner, we have to be able to see the good and bad points — adopt the good and reject the bad. The current habits are actually just a product of the modern era and culture, and historically many other methods were used. So I made up my own method and it is far better than what is common in the mainland. Here is my “porcelain bowl method” in just three steps:

1. To begin with, you need a large kettle or teapot, and a large thermos. This ensures that you can keep drinking tea without being interrupted to prepare the water all the time. You also need a relatively small porcelain bowl, as might be used for eating rice or some small dishes.

2. Boil the water in your kettle / teapot, and then pour the water into your thermos. Now you have hot water for making tea.

3a. If you have a dark tea that should steep closer to boiling point (dark oolong, black tea, pu’er, etc.), then put the tea leaves in your bowl, and then just pour hot water into the bowl until it is full. After 2-3 minutes, your tea is ready.

3b. If you have a tea that should steep at lower temperature (green tea or green oolong), then pour hot water into your bowl until it is 2/3 full. Then wait 2-3 minutes until it has cooled a bit, and add your tea leaves. Then pour hot water until the bowl is full, which submerges and mixes the leaves. After 2-3 minutes, your tea is ready.

If you follow this carefully and adjust according to your experiences, you can make tea in a very simple way that does not require much effort at all, and with good results. Notice that I called for using a porcelain bowl. I haven’t had much success with using tall mugs, glasses, or cups for making tea. A porcelain bowl  is always preferable to me, as the shape has a big impact on how the tea turns out, and the larger opening allows the tea to cool in a regular way that gives a somewhat flatter and more consistent taste profile

janet11

Back to top Go down

how to make tea Empty Re: how to make tea

Post  janet11 Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:32 am

Very Happy

janet11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum