Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.
Tea at Trianon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tea with the Queen
Latest topics
» Looking for a good book about Madame Elisabeth
Thank YOU! EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:43 pm by Elena

» Recognition by the Church of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette
Thank YOU! EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:38 pm by Elena

» Reposts: In Praise of Monarchy!
Thank YOU! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 10:20 pm by ViveHenriV

» Remembering Louis XVI
Thank YOU! EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 am by ViveHenriV

» Mass for Louis XVI on live video
Thank YOU! EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 6:10 pm by ViveHenriV

» Judges 17:6
Thank YOU! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 11:29 pm by ViveHenriV

» War in the Vendée/Guerre de Vendée
Thank YOU! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 4:37 pm by ViveHenriV

» The Comte de Chambord (Henri V)
Thank YOU! EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 5:24 pm by ViveHenriV

» Reflection: Les Membres et L'Estomac
Thank YOU! EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 2:35 am by ViveHenriV

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 253 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:06 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Tea at Trianon Forum on your social bookmarking website

Banner art courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.

Thank YOU!

3 posters

Go down

Thank YOU! Empty Thank YOU!

Post  Didishroom Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:14 am

Dear Mrs. Russell,

I would like to tell you a little bit of how big an influence you've been on me. When I was little I heard an old song by Alan Sherman in which he sings about "ol' King Louis XVI" who was the "worst since Louis the First!" I remember my mother telling me that was not true and in fact he and his wife, Marie Antoinette,were the complete opposite. For some reason that triggered an interest in the royal couple that has never left me. I remember Anne Carroll's "Christ the King, Lord of History" in seventh grade and her brief defense of the royal couple. I was completely hooked. Upon entering high school, I discovered on my parents' bookshelf a paperback with a yellow tinted cover depiction of who I recognized to be Marie Antoinette. It was called "Trianon." I read it three times that summer. I thought it was the most wonderful story I ever read. The best part was how it was completely opposite of what the average person thought of Louis and Antoinette. I felt as if I had discovered a secret, and was privy to things the layman wasn't. I wanted to learn more and more.

Unfortunately I bought Even Lever's biography and saw my wonderful heroine portrayed as a mindless, adulterous and completely uninteresting bimbo. The image of the wonderful, strong mother of "Trianon" was destroyed. I was quite heartbroken. I concluded your Antoinette was perhaps a strong reaction to the "Let them eat Cake" caricature and dosed with heavy "TradCat." Fast forward to college and I discovered your wonderful blog "Tea at Trianon" and read every past article on Louis and Marie. I was ecstatic! All of the wonderful anecdotes that shaped the beautiful characters from "Trianon" were real and with sources to back them up! I found the posts to be thought provoking, intelligent, objective and fact based. I was reading real history, and not reactionary 'TradCat" fluff.

I still read your blog every day as well as the wonderful "Treasure for your Pleasure"(vivelareine.tumblr.com). Marie Antoinette has truly become my passion and number one interest. For my college thesis, I chose her as my subject. I was a Fine Arts major. If you are interested in any of work you can check out my own blog here! http://dennisbudesheim.tumblr.com/ I have a variety of subject matter with a heavy emphases on Marie Antoinette.

I would like to say thank you for all your dedication and research on this woman. I would like to thank you also for instilling that passion for her in me. She continues to seduce and charm today as much, if not more, as she did will living. Smile

Didishroom

Back to top Go down

Thank YOU! Empty Tea At Trianon...

Post  Ree Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am

I really enjoy the blog...Marvelous that we will have a nice forum to chat and discuss subjects...BRAVO!!!

Ree

Back to top Go down

Thank YOU! Empty Re: Thank YOU!

Post  Elena Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:51 am

Didishroom wrote:Dear Mrs. Russell,

I would like to tell you a little bit of how big an influence you've been on me. When I was little I heard an old song by Alan Sherman in which he sings about "ol' King Louis XVI" who was the "worst since Louis the First!" I remember my mother telling me that was not true and in fact he and his wife, Marie Antoinette,were the complete opposite. For some reason that triggered an interest in the royal couple that has never left me. I remember Anne Carroll's "Christ the King, Lord of History" in seventh grade and her brief defense of the royal couple. I was completely hooked. Upon entering high school, I discovered on my parents' bookshelf a paperback with a yellow tinted cover depiction of who I recognized to be Marie Antoinette. It was called "Trianon." I read it three times that summer. I thought it was the most wonderful story I ever read. The best part was how it was completely opposite of what the average person thought of Louis and Antoinette. I felt as if I had discovered a secret, and was privy to things the layman wasn't. I wanted to learn more and more.

Unfortunately I bought Even Lever's biography and saw my wonderful heroine portrayed as a mindless, adulterous and completely uninteresting bimbo. The image of the wonderful, strong mother of "Trianon" was destroyed. I was quite heartbroken. I concluded your Antoinette was perhaps a strong reaction to the "Let them eat Cake" caricature and dosed with heavy "TradCat." Fast forward to college and I discovered your wonderful blog "Tea at Trianon" and read every past article on Louis and Marie. I was ecstatic! All of the wonderful anecdotes that shaped the beautiful characters from "Trianon" were real and with sources to back them up! I found the posts to be thought provoking, intelligent, objective and fact based. I was reading real history, and not reactionary 'TradCat" fluff.

I still read your blog every day as well as the wonderful "Treasure for your Pleasure"(vivelareine.tumblr.com). Marie Antoinette has truly become my passion and number one interest. For my college thesis, I chose her as my subject. I was a Fine Arts major. If you are interested in any of work you can check out my own blog here! http://dennisbudesheim.tumblr.com/ I have a variety of subject matter with a heavy emphases on Marie Antoinette.

I would like to say thank you for all your dedication and research on this woman. I would like to thank you also for instilling that passion for her in me. She continues to seduce and charm today as much, if not more, as she did will living. Smile

Dear Didishroom,

Thank you very much. I am deeply touched. sunny I have seen you for many years on various forums and have always been impressed by your knowledge and careful answers. I am overjoyed that you have become a member of this forum. Please feel free to introduce any topics that you see fit, or elaborate on the ones that are already there.

As you can imagine, Madame Lever's bio is not one of my favorites. In her book on the Queen's letters, she counts among the Queen's authenticated letters those that may be spurious, so I do not have a high regard for her ability to weigh evidence. Neutral

Welcome to one whom I have long regarded as a friend. Thank you for sharing your beautiful blog which I will add to the sidebar of Tea at Trianon. Very Happy
Elena
Elena
Admin

http://www.emvidal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:52 am

Ree wrote:I really enjoy the blog...Marvelous that we will have a nice forum to chat and discuss subjects...BRAVO!!!

Thank you, my dear, and welcome! Very Happy So happy to have you here. Feel free to ask questions and make topics.
Elena
Elena
Admin

http://www.emvidal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum