Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.
Tea at Trianon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tea with the Queen
Latest topics
» Looking for a good book about Madame Elisabeth
So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:43 pm by Elena

» Recognition by the Church of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette
So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:38 pm by Elena

» Reposts: In Praise of Monarchy!
So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 10:20 pm by ViveHenriV

» Remembering Louis XVI
So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 am by ViveHenriV

» Mass for Louis XVI on live video
So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 6:10 pm by ViveHenriV

» Judges 17:6
So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 11:29 pm by ViveHenriV

» War in the Vendée/Guerre de Vendée
So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 4:37 pm by ViveHenriV

» The Comte de Chambord (Henri V)
So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 5:24 pm by ViveHenriV

» Reflection: Les Membres et L'Estomac
So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 2:35 am by ViveHenriV

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 253 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:06 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Tea at Trianon Forum on your social bookmarking website

Banner art courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day...

4 posters

Go down

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Empty So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day...

Post  Bunnies Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:59 pm

...and rudely neglected to bring me with her. I couldn't afford to.

But she did send me some lovely pictures and said I could share them with you. So! I will.

The Bastille at the Carnavalet museum:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_n8pyknTWSn1s5xa2mo4_500_zps90d29731

It appears that this model was carved from actual stones taken from the fortress. A myriad of these were made and sent to the various departments of France so that they would have a memorial to mark "the first day of liberty."

A piece of the Bastille allegedly gifted to Louis XVI, also at the Carnavalet museum:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_n8pyp8dHDV1s5xa2mo1_500_zpsd87c50ed

The only remaining wall of La Force prison:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_n8ss8tsYBj1s5xa2mo1_500_zps5968fb3f

A creepy bust of public prosecutor Fouquier-Tinville:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_n8sstiU1hf1s5xa2mo2_500_zps105f2dd2

Creepy wax recreation of Antoinette in her cell at the Concierge:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_n8sxkuELiR1s5xa2mo5_500_zpsb24095ab

This unholy abomination:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_inline_n8q3w0v1Wj1rfcma3_zps7afe30f6

When I was a little girl, my father said that if I wasn't good the garbage man would take me away. I'm 1789% certain that this is the Garbage Man. I mean, look at him:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_inline_n8q481pekF1rfcma3_zps804be437

Look at him! The Jacobins didn't need a guillotine to instill Terror. Just set up one of these on every street corner. That'd scare the bejeezus out of me and also I'd never leave my house.

Anyway, she also sent me pictures that she would've taken if the wrecking ball hadn't gotten to them first.

This is where the Jacobin Club's monastery would've stood:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_inline_n8t8bs5DYK1rfcma3_zps916cda20

It is now a shopping mall!

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_inline_n8t7o2yLpF1rfcma3_zps310b2913

The headquarters of the Committee of Public Safety:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_inline_n8t7qznpo71rfcma3_zps510bba08

...is now just the lovely gardens of the Tuileries!

The Salle du Manège, home of the National Convention:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_inline_n8t7t5NZIz1rfcma3_zps23687e49

The Feuillant Monastery:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_inline_n8t7ywHvLd1rfcma3_zps451de532

The Bastille:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_inline_n8t85gfGPs1rfcma3_zpsc7c93900

The Tour du Temple:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_inline_n8t8agEdmh1rfcma3_zpsa2c53967

All were victimized by the ravages of time except this guy:

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Tumblr_inline_n8q481pekF1rfcma3_zps804be437

Who will live forever in our nightmares.
Bunnies
Bunnies

http://bunniesandbeheadings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Empty Re: So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day...

Post  Sophie Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Thank you for these pictures! You could be a stand-up comedian with a "Jacobin-like" dark humor style, I loved your comments on the photos! Laughing And thank you for your friend, of course, who took them!
Sophie
Sophie

Back to top Go down

So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day... Empty Re: So my friend went to Paris for Bastille Day...

Post  Kaitlyn Lauren Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! Smile

I'm hoping to visit France myself someday so make sure to tell your friend to bring us both next time, haha! Wink
Kaitlyn Lauren
Kaitlyn Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitlyn Lauren Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:18 pm

And I agree with Sophie. I enjoyed the commentary Wink I like a little macabre humor every now and again!
Kaitlyn Lauren
Kaitlyn Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post  princess garnet Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 pm

I was in Paris 2 years ago and passed on revisiting the Concierge. Once was enough! I suppose I could have revisited St-Chapelle for the stained glass!

princess garnet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down