Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.
Tea at Trianon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tea with the Queen
Latest topics
» Looking for a good book about Madame Elisabeth
Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:43 pm by Elena

» Recognition by the Church of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette
Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:38 pm by Elena

» Reposts: In Praise of Monarchy!
Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 10:20 pm by ViveHenriV

» Remembering Louis XVI
Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 am by ViveHenriV

» Mass for Louis XVI on live video
Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 6:10 pm by ViveHenriV

» Judges 17:6
Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 11:29 pm by ViveHenriV

» War in the Vendée/Guerre de Vendée
Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 4:37 pm by ViveHenriV

» The Comte de Chambord (Henri V)
Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 5:24 pm by ViveHenriV

» Reflection: Les Membres et L'Estomac
Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 2:35 am by ViveHenriV

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 253 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:06 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Tea at Trianon Forum on your social bookmarking website

Banner art courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.

Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner

2 posters

Go down

Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner Empty Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner

Post  worldcit Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:10 pm

To date, the best name anyone has come up with for my generation (the children of "The Greatest Generation") is "The Baby Boomers"--and even that only applies to those of us who were born in or after 1945, when our fathers returned from fighting and winning WWII.  Yet, when we stop to think about it, we nod in recognition at the reminder that we do indeed have our own distinction as a generation.  We are the ones, our world made safe once again, who had the time, the security, and the mysterious inclination to look around us at our newly-redeemed society.  We are the ones who, with the pure and literal vision of children, began noticing the injustice of various forms of discrimination--and who were able to accept none of the reasons for it.  We are the ones who, at first in isolation, later in company with other like-minded companions met along the way, grew up, obtained some education and some empowerment, and eventually began the battle to transform the conscience of America regarding racial, religious, and lifestyle prejudices.  

Many people have given us their historical accounts of the marches, the movements, the sit-ins, the demonstrations, the other methods used to accomplish this transformation.  To my knowledge, though, no one has ever attempted, in a nonfiction account, to address the topic of exactly how this new kind of conscience was formed. Until now. This is what I've done in "Escaped Alone."  The story chronicled is my own.  At its heart lay a conviction of our common humanity--a conviction that rested firmly on the sure foundation of my Catholic faith.  

The range of types of people who have already enjoyed this story is wide.  The link provided will show you my author web page, where you can find a more detailed description of the book and see what some of its readers have been saying about it.

http://escapedalone.tateauthor.com/book/escaped-alone/

worldcit

Back to top Go down

Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner Empty Re: Escaped Alone: A Memoir of an Incomplete Southerner

Post  Elena Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Thank you for sharing this fascinating project! sunny 
Elena
Elena
Admin

http://www.emvidal.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum