Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.
Tea at Trianon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tea with the Queen
Latest topics
» Looking for a good book about Madame Elisabeth
DNA Findings EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:43 pm by Elena

» Recognition by the Church of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette
DNA Findings EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:38 pm by Elena

» Reposts: In Praise of Monarchy!
DNA Findings EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 10:20 pm by ViveHenriV

» Remembering Louis XVI
DNA Findings EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 am by ViveHenriV

» Mass for Louis XVI on live video
DNA Findings EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 6:10 pm by ViveHenriV

» Judges 17:6
DNA Findings EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 11:29 pm by ViveHenriV

» War in the Vendée/Guerre de Vendée
DNA Findings EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 4:37 pm by ViveHenriV

» The Comte de Chambord (Henri V)
DNA Findings EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 5:24 pm by ViveHenriV

» Reflection: Les Membres et L'Estomac
DNA Findings EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 2:35 am by ViveHenriV

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 253 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:06 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Tea at Trianon Forum on your social bookmarking website

Banner art courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.

DNA Findings

2 posters

Go down

DNA Findings Empty DNA Findings

Post  Elena Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:06 pm

A heart that belongs to the child of a Habsburg princess.
Elena
Elena
Admin

http://www.emvidal.com/

Back to top Go down

DNA Findings Empty Re: DNA Findings

Post  Elena Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:27 pm

New findings. It has been found that a descendant of the claimant Naundorff shares DNA with the Bourbon.
http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2014/03/28/01016-20140328ARTFIG00370-l-enigme-de-louis-xvii-relancee-par-l-adn.php

Grâce à l'ADN, l'un des plus grands mystères de l'Histoire, l'un des plus polémiques aussi, est peut-être en train de s'éclaircir. Le mythe de Karl-Wilhelm Naundorff, mort en Hollande en 1845, qui prétendait être Louis XVII, le fils de Marie-Antoinette et de Louis XVI emprisonné à l'âge de 7 ans au Temple et décédé officiellement en 1795, est relancé par une nouvelle révélation.

Alors que des études ADN commandées par les Bourbons il y a une quinzaine d'années - pour en finir avec ce fantasme historique et cet «imposteur» - avaient «définitivement» attesté que Naundorff n'était pas Louis XVII, de nouvelles analyses démontreraient que son descendant direct est bien un Bourbon.

Cette découverte inédite revient au Pr Gérard Lucotte, généticien et anthropologue, et à l'historien Bruno Roy-Henry, à l'initiative de cette enquête dans les profondeurs moléculaires. C'est le descendant mâle de la branche aînée de Naundorff, un libraire de 40 ans vivant en France, qui a soumis ses gènes au microscope du Pr Lucotte. Il s'agit d'Hugues de Bourbon - la lignée des Naundorff porte le nom des Bourbons par «une courtoisie de la cour de Hollande», explique un historien, légalisée par plusieurs jugements de la justice française mais toujours très contestée par les Bourbons. Il est le fils de Charles Louis Edmond de Bourbon, descendant très médiatique de Naundorff, décédé en 2008, que beaucoup de gens appelaient «Monseigneur» en soulignant sa ressemblance criante avec Henri IV.
DNA Findings PHOe4a3323a-b6a1-11e3-a147-c7466d951e3c-805x453
Elena
Elena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophie Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Elena wrote:New findings. It has been found that a descendant of the claimant Naundorff shares DNA with the Bourbon.

I feel a bit uncomfortable, because I know nothing about DNA and natural sciences in general. It sounds so stupid that I have an opinion in such a case without having enough background information, but I don't think it can prove anything astonishing.

So one of Naundorff's descendants has "Bourbon DNA", from the side of Henri IV? We all know that most of the Bourbon kings and princes had a lot of illegitimate children. Some of them were well known in their age, others may have remained forgotten. Then the illegitimate sons and daughters also had their children and grandchildren. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of randomly picked citizens in France (or in any foreign land - people also immigrated that time) would be Bourbon relatives in some ways. But this argument, having an ancestor from Louis XVI's side and a descendant of Naundorff, finding some connections... somehow I can't take it seriously.

It's an irrelevant question if Naundorff had been a Bourbon. It might be. What is the real issue, if Naundorff and Louis XVII are the same identities. With a quick research, I found this document - another DNA analysis that compared Naundorff to the Habsburg side, Antoinette, her sisters and other relatives from the matrilinear side. Their conclusion in fact excludes the possibility of this relation. Here it goes: http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v6/n4/pdf/5200227a.pdf

So I don't think Louis XVII survived the prison. There can be some still living people whose interest is to find some connection to the Bourbons, but I don't think they should use the dead one's troubles for it. I just hope they'll rest in peace someday.
Sophie
Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Those are great points, Sophie!! I love you 
Elena
Elena
Admin

Back to top Go down