Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.
Tea with the Queen
Latest topics
» Ms. Vidal's New Book!
Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:50 pm by Elena

» How the FrenchRevolution set the foundation of modern Communism
Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:25 pm by Elena

» Pope Paul III
Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:56 pm by princess garnet

» Philippe & Friday the 13th
Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:39 pm by princess garnet

» Knights of St. Stephen of Tuscany
Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:05 pm by princess garnet

» Italy's colonial empire
Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:06 pm by princess garnet

» Italians and the American Revolution
Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:40 pm by princess garnet

» Kingdom of Portugal
Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:22 pm by princess garnet

» Book Review: "The Norman Conquest" by Marc Morris
Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Susan Abernethy

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 70 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:35 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Tea at Trianon Forum on your social bookmarking website

Banner art courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.

I THIRST: A New Release in Catholic Fiction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I THIRST: A New Release in Catholic Fiction

Post  Silver Rose on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:08 pm

I Thirst is a Catholic YA novel that was recently released.

Reviewers have called I Thirst "inspiring," "a poetic novel," "a literary gem," and "narrative prose worthy of Wordsworth".

BUY ON AMAZON.COM:
http://www.amazon.com/I-Thirst-Gina-Marinello-Sweeney/dp/0615802125/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368043208&sr=8-1&keywords=i%20thirst%20gina%20marinello-sweeney&tag=533643275-20

SYNOPSIS:

When Rebecca receives a mysterious note from an unknown source, she has no idea how it will change her life.

Twenty-year-old Rebecca Veritas is used to being different, but has never felt extraordinary.  She is a Dreamer, living in a world of poetry intermixed with the antics of her unique family and eccentric best friend Adriana.  When she meets Peter, a young student from Canada who seems somehow to understand her from the start, her perception changes.  With "Intermission", the single word in that mysterious note, as inspiration, the two writers embark on an incredible journey to a new world in the form of a story that will ultimately parallel their own lives.  Yet, as the story progresses, events remain ever more shrouded in mystery.  When unexpected circumstances in the real world throw their lives in disarray, it will be up to Rebecca to find the true meaning of "Intermission" before the curtain closes on the final act.

PRAISE FOR I THIRST

"I Thirst  spoils the reader with a cultural cornucopia of literary styles and clever storytelling . . . I love those rare instances where a story blossoms into something unexpected and sends you on an adventure you never saw coming . . . inspiring read!"  
                                                - Josh Baker, Author of Please Don't Remove Margreat's Glasses!

"Poetic novel.  I stayed up far past my bedtime to read this book.  The writing and descriptions are beautifully poetic, and the characters are easy to relate to.  There is a wonderful mix of humor and depth within this novel--something not easily achieved . . . "
                                              - Jansina, Author of Shrouded Jewels

"Inspiring.  This novel is absolutely beautiful.  By the end I was left feeling so peaceful and nostalgic. It reminds me so much of growing up and being in the company of my closest friends...  [I Thirst] tells the story in a fashion that's halfway between poetry and a personal diary, all the while remaining literary in almost a Victorian manner.  I always wondered how Jane Austen would write if she lived today - perhaps this is it!"
                                               - Seytara, a reviewer at amazon.com (5-13-13)

"A literary gem . . . Gina's style of writing makes this a work of literature in the truest sense of the word. She weaves a story in a rather lyrical fashion. At times you wonder where she is headed. But, similar to reading GK Chesterton, if you just keep on reading, her writing takes you somewhere beautiful."
                                              - Donna, a reviewer at goodreads.com (7-10-13)

"The friendship [between Peter and Rebecca was] so beautiful - I would put it up there with Frodo and Sam from The Lord of the Rings . . .  Even if the story had been ordinary, the descriptions that painted pictures in my mind and were never uninteresting would have made up for it . . .  It was a great weekend read, and I definitely plan on reading it again.  I was delighted to read in the 'About the Author' section that Gina is writing a sequel to this book.  I don't think she will be able to write fast enough for me."
                                           - Alyianna, a reviewer at goodreads.com (5-22-13)

"Narrative prose worthy of Wordsworth . . .  GMS is an excellent narrator in her descriptions which read more like close-ups of the scene.  The writing is incredibly consistent and I could believe that Rebecca would write that well because it was true to how she spoke . . .  There were so many times when reading I Thirst that I thought to myself, 'I’m going to see this line in one of those sites that record quotes,' and it is clearly Bartlett worthy."                                    
                                        - Cristina, a fan of the official facebook page (5-23-13)

Silver Rose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I THIRST: A New Release in Catholic Fiction

Post  Elena on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:24 pm

This sounds wonderful! Thank you for letting us know, Silver Rose! And welcome to the forum!

Admin

View user profile http://www.emvidal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Rose on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Elena wrote:This sounds wonderful! Thank you for letting us know, Silver Rose! And welcome to the forum!
No problem! Smile I also enjoy Regina Doman's novels. Wonderful Catholic fiction in the subgenre of YA.

Thank you. I'm happy to be here. Smile

Silver Rose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:45 am

cheers 

Admin

View user profile http://www.emvidal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content