Tea at Trianon Forum
Always be polite. Courtesy is required of you.
Tea with the Queen
Latest topics
» Do you want a cup of Afternoon tea?
Tue May 02, 2017 10:56 pm by janet11

»  Tea and Sleep
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:54 am by janet11

» Faux Pecan Pie
Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:38 am by janet11

» Jacqueline Marie Evancho
Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:18 am by janet11

» Robert Burns
Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:09 am by janet11

» Poems of Kateri Lanthier
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:47 am by janet11

» "country music
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:43 am by janet11

» Enjoy tea and enjoy life
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:14 am by janet11

» Mary Cassatt
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:27 am by janet11

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 70 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:35 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Tea at Trianon Forum on your social bookmarking website

Banner art courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.

Newspaper from 1794

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newspaper from 1794

Post  Bunnies on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:30 pm

A few weeks ago I nabbed an authentic newspaper from 1794.

That's...sorta a photo of it. I didn't want to scan it in or use a camera with a flash since that would damage it - the light you see in the above image is the plastic wrap its in reflecting my overhead - so I had to use my i-pod which isn't the best image-capturing device there is. The paper's called Dunlap and Claypoole's American Daily Adventurer and it was published Friday, October 10, 1794.

I bought it mostly for its foreign interest articles including this blurry little bit about the speeches at the Jacobin Club, outlining one given by Bertrand Barere and one by Maximilien Robespierre:

Speaking of L'Incorruptible, the paper also contained an the article on the death of Robespierre. This was apparently one of the papers that announced his death to the United States.

He died in July, obviously, but I think the information took awhile to travel - the same issue also remarks on the 14 July celebrations in Paris. Either way it looked like such a rare treat so I got it, to my bank account's detriment...but it was worth it, I think. cheers

Bunnies

View user profile http://bunniesandbeheadings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Newspaper from 1794

Post  Bunnies on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Eh, I figured this was similar enough to the above topic for me to just bump the thread rather than create new one.

An internet friend of mine also recently purchased a 1794 Compendium and not only is the quality of their image greater, it also has some notes from the previous owner.

Check it. It's an article on Madame du Barry's execution, and clearly someone didn't approve because...

Bunnies

View user profile http://bunniesandbeheadings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top